5/31/05

Weekend in Champaign

I had a GREAT weekend! Best thing first, I spent some wonderful time with Kyle. God is really blessing this time of engagement for us. It's amazing to talk about how our household will be run, and how our children will be raised. It's even more amazing to watch Kyle become stronger and really take lead. It is a miracle that I could let him. I'm used to being in charge of many things in my life. Sometimes it's difficult because I want to be the boss, but that's not what God has in mind. That's not how he designed marriage. I'm making strides towards that P31 woman!

We're learning to make descisions together. We were raised so differently. Although we've had completely different experiences in the past, we agree on most everything (so far) for our future.

It was great just hanging out at the BASIC house this weekend. Kyle's room is really pretty nice. We sat for several hours playing our fantastic, newly invented game called, "Hippo," and talking to eachother. Good times.

On Monday, I went over to Joanna's for a facial (she sells Mary Kay). Let me tell you, this stuff is amazing! I already see a huge difference in my skin. I must admit, I was quite skeptical. I've tried many things. Some worked for a while, but then my skin got bad again. However, the results from this are so fast! I hope it lasts! Joanna told me about how her skin used to be so broken out. I thought, "It couldn't have been that bad. Not as bad as mine. Maybe this stuff worked for her, but I bet it won't work for me!" I was wrong! Yay for HEALTHY skin!

No comments: