5/11/05

Praise You

Well today has proven to be an okay day. I am still feeling a little overwhelmed with all that I have left to do, but I have a sense of accomplishment for all the things I've done already. But the glory goes to God. I could not have even made it past Monday of this week had I not bathed every day with prayer. No more tests, just a speech to write. That's what I'm currently procrastinating. I just don't want to do it.

Isn't it bad that we measure how "good" a day is by the way we feel at the end of it? Isn't that selfish of us? God made every day for His glory, not for us to feel "good." Shouldn't we get better at feeling "good" on the days when we're tired, stressed, sick, etc? Shouldn't we learn to delight in the Lord above all else and not let anything get in the way of that?

"Praise You in the mornin'
Praise You in the evenin'
Praise You when I'm young and when I'm old

Praise You when I'm laughin'
Praise You when I'm grievin'
Praise You every season of the soul..."

People seemed to respond well to the very serious entry I made a couple days ago. Maybe I should write serious ones more often...

On to the exciting news of the day: Kyle and I officially have a wedding date. August 12, 2006. Mark it on your calendar!

No comments: