5/24/05

Memory triggers

It is funny how we associate songs with certain moments, even phases in our lives. Every time I hear this song by Go West called, "King of Wishful Thinking" I can see myself sitting at the pool on a very hot summer day at the Nelson Center in Springfield. I was very young, younger than five because I remember I was there with both my parents. (They got divorced when I was five) I can see the lifeguard perched on top her seat by the pool. I can hear the water splashing and feel the warm sunshine. I hear that song play over the outdoor sound system. I even remember trying to sing along with fumbled words. I love that memory. It's one of just a few I have with both my parents.

Mmmm... going to the new locations of D'Arcy's for lunch today to eat a wonderful ponyshoe!!! Horseshoes and ponyshoes are a favorite fatty dish to us Central Illinois folks. The secret's in the cheese sauce! If you have never had one, then you better come visit me this summer!

Do you ever talk on the phone when you're sleepy? Last night I vaguely remember talking to Kyle, but I was so tired that I couldn't tell you a single thing we talked about! I could have said something really crazy! Who knows?! (Not me!)

I really like to use exclamation points! I think that it better conveys my tone of voice. Most of the time, I'm pretty excitable. So this makes it feel a little more personal! Can't you just see and hear my excitement?!

I heart teddy grahams.

No comments: