4/30/08

Farewell, sweet addiction

For some people, television is no big deal. As I have discussed before, I am a long-time TV junkie. Today, I made the call to switch to basic cable. This is a big deal for me, folks. I am home alone a lot. It's going to get worse as the summer goes on. I almost always have the TV on when I'm home, even if I'm not watching it. I probably watch the Travel channel most. I also frequent TBS, TNT, Discovery, Lifetime, Bravo and ABC Family. I know it's a horrible waste. I know you're probably judging me. We all have our vices, one of mine is TV.

I'm trying to look at the bright side of things. Maybe I'll actually read books that have been on my reading list for a long time. Maybe I'll decide to work out more. We'll save about $50 a month. Maybe my house will stay clean. Maybe my garden will be perfectly weed-free. Maybe I'll salvage some brain cells.

I will truly miss it, though. Farewell, every channel worth watching. Hello, local programming.

2 comments:

B. Kyle said...

I didn't realize that you were still using Xanga that recently...seems like you abandoned that longer ago. I must just be getting old and forgetful.

There are mostly just a few shows that I want to watch, and most of them are on broadcast networks (except maybe USA). Sports though...that's a tough one. I'll miss ESPN and FSN.

Alisha said...

Just get Arrested Development on DVD. That's better than anything on extended cable.