4/20/08

I have a theory...

Almost every thing that ever malfunctions with my body happens on the left side. When I was 5, I broke several bones in my left hand. Because of this, I now get arthritis pain in my left hand when the weather is changing. When I was 11, I was told that I have Osgood-Schlatter disease in my left knee. To this day, I still have the inflamed plate protruding from my patella. When I was 18, I had my first migraine. Whenever I get one, the vision in my left eye gets blurry and I feel intense, clustered pain on the left side. Last year I got tendonitis in my left knee. All of my biggest scrapes and scars as a child are on the left half of my body.

Apparently, I now have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction in my left ear. It has been causing a great deal of pain in my ear, the left side of my head, the left side of my neck, and the left side of my throat. I read a little bit about it, and the symptoms described by several online medical resources don't seem to match up with mine, but I will trust my physician. He couldn't see any fluid or infection. If it doesn't get better by Tuesday, I'm supposed to go back.

Anyway, my theory is that there is something malfunctioning in the right side of my brain that has thrown my left side out of whack. Of course, I know nothing about it. But isn't that all kind of weird?

4 comments:

B. Kyle said...

Yep, you just must be weird.

amanda weber said...

what happened to your earthquake post? i rather liked that one.

Unknown said...

I took it down because I couldn't say it the way I wanted. I felt a bit tongue tied. Perhaps I will put it back up.

Shannon Leigh Anderson said...

Maybe there is something wrong with the right side of your brain. In Psychology class I vaguely remember learning that the right side of your brain actually controls the left side of your body. Not quite sure... Just a theory I guess.