5/3/08

Days and nights without my husband make me grumpy.

It's been a pretty productive day so far. The lack of extended cable is beneficial for this house. Since there's not much on TV, I am doing things better for me, better for Kyle. It's getting pretty clean, dinner is in the making, and I've run all kinds of errands.

My dear husband did not get home until 5:30 AM today. He worked all night long and had to be back at 9:00 AM this morning. He's getting a nice long back-rub and the dinner of his choice tonight. On the upside, I hear that the first day of single-game ticket sales has gone very smoothly today. Just a few weeks till Opening Day, which is sold out except for lawn seats! Beautiful job security. I can't believe how successful this Southern Illinois team has been.

I am so grateful God provided this job for us. Really, I am, so I feel bad for complaining. His hours are ridiculous. So far, he's worked over 90 hours this week, and he'll be back again tomorrow. He's horrifyingly under-paid for the work he does. Mostly, though, I just hate not seeing him. Hopefully it will pay off when the season is over and they'll give him a vacation and a big fat raise. I'm not getting my hopes up. It didn't work out like that last year.

So, by God's grace, I will TRY to be content and grateful and not complain. Friends and family, you can hold me accountable for this, but please don't feed my complaints, okay? If you tell me how bad it sounds to you, it will only make it harder on me.

No comments: