4/24/08

He walks with me and He talks with me...

"I come to the garden alone
while the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses..."

-In the Garden, Charles Austin Miles, 1913

As the weather makes the exciting turn towards summer, I begin working in my garden. God uses so many metaphors from nature to teach us about himself. A simple keyword search of "garden" in the ESV produces many results which cover everything from original sin to intoxicating romance to spiritual growth.

I love to be in my garden, in the presence of my Savior. It is such a lovely little retreat and a place of rest. The pleasures Adam and Eve must have experienced in that perfect garden with our perfect God It makes me long for a time when there will be total peace between man and nature.

No comments: