9/22/10

Seven Things

Here's a few random things on my mind.
  1. It's supposed to be 92 in St. Louis tomorrow. I really, really hope this is the last day of summer weather.
  2. I hate making mistakes.  I particularly hate making very public mistakes. Very big public mistakes that make me seem flaky and incompetent.  I'm trying to use it as a moment to be humble and hope that I receive mercy.
  3. I feel a little bit achy every day.  Not because I'm working out so hard (insert chuckles here), but because I ache for something, for someone.  Hopefully soon I'll have the guts to write an update on being fertilely-challenged
  4. Watson is STILL not house-trained.  We are exhausted and unsure what we need to do differently.  He was making progress, or so it seemed.  He has fewer accidents in the house than when we first brought him home, but that's because we know his schedule and the warning signs, not because he's letting us know that he needs to go out.  It's very trying.  So is the chewing (read=destruction of all things) behavior, but that's a whole other story.
  5. School is definitely getting in the way of my TV-watching this week.  All of my favorite shows are starting back up this week and between my evening classes and our lack of cable, it has been a challenge to say the least.  Ah, such is the life of two professional students, I suppose.
  6. God has been teaching me about pride this week.  About how much pride fills my heart and motivates so many of my decisions.  It's a big, big challenge for me.  I hope that he will give me humility and continue to teach me through his word and through our church.  I read this today, adding the emphasis to what I thought I really needed to hear: "Who is wise and understanding among you? By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. " (James 3:13-14 ESV)
  7. I'm increasingly uncomfortable with having my picture taken.  The more I'm behind the camera, the more I want to stay behind the camera.  That being said, Kyle and I really need some good pictures with each other.  This is the only recent pic we've taken, and it's not very good. 
IMG_6064 copy 

That's all, folks.

1 comment:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

I'm with you - summer needs to be done around here. It's pretty ridiculous.

I don't know why you don't like your pictures - I think that one is so cute!