9/28/10

Baked Salmon

Kyle is always begging me to make fish more often.  I have an extremely limited range of the kinds of fish I will eat, but salmon is one I can usually tolerate.  Last night, however, I found a salmon recipe that turned out as good as any salmon I've had anywhere.  I give you... Baked Salmon.

IMG_6423

  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 6 tablespoons light olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
  1. In a medium glass bowl, prepare marinade by mixing garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley.
  2. Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator about one hour.   
  3. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork. 
IMG_6430

I served with a simple salad and bowtie pasta seasoned with a little olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley.  I doubled the recipe so we would have leftovers.  Leftovers are clutch for us right now.  There are just so many nights I don't feel like cooking after I get out of class.  I think Kyle was really happy with this little meal!

3 comments:

Courtney Reissig said...

I don't really like making fish either, but I've ventured into making tilapia. Daniel loves salmon, so I will have to try this. It takes a lot of courage for me to make fish, but I will trust you on this one!

We LOVE leftovers. Seriously, it's how we make it through the week. Sometimes I feel guilty for not making a new meal every night, but Daniel lovingly tells me that there is nothing in the Bible that says a godly woman makes a new meal every night. And we simply can't afford it either. :)

-Courtney

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Wow, that looks really good! :)

Keli B. said...

i generally dislike fish, but i'd be willing to give this a try. the photos make it look good and tasty!