4/9/09

DIY Anthropologie

Please consider Exhibit A: I want it all. The fluffy white quilt, the incredible afghan, even the stained glass bookcases, which aren't really for sale. Since I will never pay that much for any of it, my only option is to make it myself. I need some serious help, though.

Problem 1- I can't quilt. I don't even own a sewing machine, but I would like one. If you're getting rid of one, please let me know. Also, if you would like to teach me how to use it, I would be obliged.

Problem 2- I can crochet and knit, but I'm mostly self-taught, so I can't do anything fancy. Any experts out there who feel like giving some lessons? Any idea how they made that incredible thing? I'm a quick learner.

Problem 3- I do not own a table saw, or any other power tools (save one), nor do I have ANY woodworking skills. Uh, Daddy? Feel like building me some bookcases? Better yet, teach me how!

If by some chance I ever learn how to do all these things, I would crown myself a Domestic Queen. Please stay tuned. I'll get it all done in about 10 years.

No comments: