9/21/05

Hump Day Love

I actually really like hump day.  My MWF classes are pretty cool.  On hump day, I get to meet with Joanna at noon, and Jim at 1:30.  My afternoons are pretty free after that, which means either productivity or nap time, which ever is more neccessary!  I'm looking forward to today, though I am beginning to feel a bit worn.   The work load is getting pretty thick for all of us. 
    Kyle told me once that in distances races, the middle is the hardest part.  We are now in that middle part of the race.  The part where you can't look back, but the finish line seems so far away.  The part where we want to quit the most.  I found this encouraging this morning-
Therefore since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily ensnares us, and run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne. -Hebrews 12:1-2
    I am so thankful that I have Jesus to keep my eyes on, to give me endurance, to bear witness to others, to give God all the glory.

No comments: