3/18/05

Good, good dream

I had the most beautiful dream last night. I was getting ready for some special mystery date that Kyle had planned. I didn't know what we were doing, but he told me to dress up. So I put my make up on, and fix my hair when there's a knock on the door. It's Ashley. She said, "I'm here to help you get ready, but you have to wear this blindfold."

So she puts the blindfold on me, and tells me that she's brought a new dress from Kyle for me to wear. So, without seeing it, I slip it on and she leads me out to the car. She helps me in and gets in herself. I'm still blindfolded.

Finally, we get to our destination. Ashley helps me out of the car and removes my blindfold. We're standing outside in a park at dusk. I look down and I'm wearing a wedding dress! The car I just got out of was a limo! I look up again and there a very long white carpet runner. At the end of the carpet is Kyle, in a tuxedo, walking towards me with a big yellow scroll in hand. I'm shaking. He walks up to me, opens the scroll, and it reads, "Chelsea Ann Johnson, today is your wedding day. Please join the rest of your wedding party down the hill."

I'm speechless. So we drop the scroll and begin walking down the hill. We pause as we see a few other members of the wedding party running into position. They were apparently running late (Kent, Keith, Jason and Amanda :)
Once everyone is there, I begin looking around again. It is almost dark at this point so the park is lit with tons of candles. It's breathtaking. My bridesmaids are dressed in beautiful aqua blue dresses, and all Kyle's groomsmen in their tuxedos. Only our closest loved ones are there- our parents and grandparents, and our best friends. No huge wedding, no worry over all the extended family and the not-so-close friends. It was perfect.
As Kyle and I walk towards the altar, Jim is standing there ready to marry us. The ceremony goes off without a hitch. Everyone is so happy and excited. I am still in shock, but very happy.

Then I was thinking, "Where are we going to live? I'm supposed to live with Marsha and Lynn next year! How am I going to get out of my lease? We have to re-file for FASFA so we can get more financial aid!" There were a million thoughts and worries beginning to flood my mind.

But then I heard God's voice so clearly saying, "Chelsea, this is My will. The two of you were joined together WITH ME! I'll take care of My sheep."

I still didn't know what was going to happen, but I was completely fine. Kyle and I were married, which was my heart's greatest desire. We went on to a small reception with some homemade food and a little dancing. It was a great time.

What a great dream. It seemed so real that I was surprised, and disappointed, to wake up in my own bed this morning, unmarried.

I got to thinking about it a little more and I realized what a great picture of Christ's return it painted. Here I was, unsuspecting, not knowing that my groom was coming (1Th 5:2 For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.) He sent someone to help me, to prepare me for our wedding (Luk 12:40 You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.") And then he was there, ready to take my hand and join with me in Holy matrimony. He had already prepared everything for me. He took care of all the plans (Joh 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.) I didn't have to worry about anything! How cool is that?!

I leave you with this Awesomeness-
Rev 19:7 Let us rejoice and exult and give him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and his Bride has made herself ready!

No comments: