1/27/05

A good day and a hair cut.

BASIC was so great tonight. I love meeting new people there. Tonight we had three new people. It was awesome. We had a lot of fun playing "Have You Ever?" (aka "Move Your Butt") after Jim's message. God is really answering prayers in our ministry.
I got my hair chopped off today. It is very different. I am donating the long hair to "Locks for Love." If you aren't familiar with it, they make wigs for children with cancer who have lost their hair. I was growing it out specifically for that purpose, however, when it came time to cut it, it was tough to part with. I didn't want to do it. I have good hair. I would even say it's my favorite physical feature, so losing 11 inches of it was rough. I almost chickened out. However, God set me straight. I just kept picturing this little girl, crying because she lost all her hair, not knowing if it will come back any time soon. That sure put things in perspective.
I'll be gone Friday night and all day Saturday. We have our annual Metamorphosis Collegiate Women's conference this weekend. It will be so awesome to meet and worship with other college women from all over the state! I'll let you know how it goes.
Have a great weekend, people!

No comments: