1/25/05

Dear Friend

There have only been a few times in my life I've gone to bed really upset. I've always had the belief that you shouldn't let the sun go down upon your anger. Unfortunately, last night was one of those nights. I got into a serious argument with someone I really care about. This person and I have had a few problems in our relationship. Last night, I tried to point out and discuss these issues. It did not go so well. Perhaps I was being too judgmental... placing too much blame on the other person. Or perhaps my friend was just tired of hearing me say the same things I've said a million times before.

I'm at a loss right now. I'm waking up this morning feeling physically ill. I don't like to be upset with people, and I don't like people to be upset with me. I thought I was doing the right thing by talking about our problems. Dearest friend, if you are reading this right now, I'm sorry I didn't call you back last night to work this out. Since you didn't call me either, I assume you're not too happy with me right now. I'm not sure how we can fix this, but I do know that we must, and we will. I'm nervous you don't want to be my friend anymore, after all that we've been through. I want you to know that my life is so much better with you in it. You mean a lot to me. I'm sorry for stepping on your toes.

No comments: