4/6/05

Curve ball

Tonight I had a curve ball thrown at me.

If you're reading this you probably know I've been planning on going on a mission trip to Romania this summer. Well, I've been praying very specifically that God will provide the finances for that trip because it's not cheap. One of the ways that I thought He was doing that was that I had an unexpected amount of financial aid this semester. I came up owing only a third of the usual amount, so my parents and I were praising God for that.

Today, my mom got a letter saying that they made a mistake and now we actually owe a very large sum of money to the university. My mom's not so happy about this. Now, all the money they'd been saving for my wedding, helping out with my trip, and next semester's tuition is going out the window. And they want me to use the money I make this summer (that I was planning on saving for my mission trip and wedding) to pay them back on this loan.

It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. I am starting to doubt everything about everything. I know that God is sovereign. I know He's taking care of me, but this is a very serious obstacle and feels more like a stop sign right now. Please pray for me.

No comments: