9/19/08

Now that's what I call fungus.

While mowing the yard today, I came across some very interesting fungi. The most amazing thing is that it sprouted up in just 6 days. Last week I saw more variety, but how could it compare to this? I'm not sure that I've ever seen anything quite like it. I could not bear to mow over it. Is it me or is it almost pretty?



I also almost bumped in to this big fella. Needless to say, he frightened me! You may not be able to tell from the picture, but he's almost as big as my hand!

I am no friend of spiders, and they're no friends of mine. Please spare me the argument that spiders eat bad insects and things like that. I think I might ask God why he couldn't have just made a nicer looking creature to do the same thing. I am confident there's a very good reason.

1 comment:

B. Kyle said...

Just beware the parasitic spores.