9/5/08

He loves me.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
Ephesians 5:25-33
I have always found that in sickness, we have a great opportunity to demonstrate our love for one another. The last couple days have provided many opportunities for my husband, friends, and family. Thank you all for your prayers and offers to help. Had my husband been unable, I would have gladly accepted your offers. By God's grace, he was able to be here and make sure all my needs were met.

As I not-so-delicately put it to one friend, it was a "don't-drink-the-Mexican-water" kind of sick. Let me just say, friends, that I have drunk the Mexican water, laid alone and sick on the dirty, cockroach-infested floor of a Mexican hotel bathroom for two days, and this one still wins. Need I say more? I think not.

In praise of my glorious father, I express my deepest gratitude to Him for Kyle. When this all began at a painful 4am yesterday, his feet quickly hit the floor to aid me. He went to work for a few hours out of sheer necessity, then came home early and did not leave my side. He prayed for me and took care of my every need. Even last night, when I could not seem to find comfort in our bed, I moved to the couch and he decided to sleep on the floor next to me so I wouldn't be alone, or so he would be there if I needed anything.

I cannot express my joy and gratitude for having such a husband! This is a grace given to me by God that I utterly do not deserve.

2 comments:

Chase Abner said...

Kyle Bass is a good man with a good wife.

Anonymous said...

what a blessing to have such a wonderful guy in your life! I'm so happy for you! hope you get feeling better soon!