11/24/09

Mama Bass

This is my mother in law, Mama Bass (not to be confused with Mama Cass). She knew I was snapping her picture, and wouldn't hold still for a good one. She's feisty like that. She makes her own kind of music.

Mama Bass

This is Mama Bass's table. It's one of those new-fangled, "bar height" tables. I want to put my sweaty drink glass on it so it will leave a ring and she won't like it anymore and then give it to me. I don't think that will happen anytime soon. A. Mama Bass loves that table. B. Mama Bass would never let me put a drink down without a coaster.

Table

These are Mama Bass's beautiful red dishes. She uses them every day. They're very versatile.

Red Dishes

This is Mama Bass's "Chicken and Dressing Casserole." Let's all pause for a moment of silence... The very mention of this exquisite dish is enough to make me salivate. I've tried to make it just like her, but it just isn't the same.

Mmm.. Casserole

I guess I'll just have to keep going back to her house and sitting at her new-fangled "bar height" table and using her red dishes and eating her casserole. I hope she doesn't mind.

I have to go wipe the drool off my face now.

No comments: