1/3/11

Holiday Rundown

I'd originally titled this post "Christmas: The Breakdown," but decided that carried the risk of it sounding like I had a bad Christmas, and that is FAR from the truth.

We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house where we had a huge dinner and played games.  It was a night that I would call... eventful.  I'll just leave it at that!

Christmas day my mom's family has the tradition of volunteering at the Salvation Army and bringing dinner to the residents there.

Grandpa, Kyle, and Noah setting up the salad table

IMG_7084

Noah loving on Granny in the kitchen

IMG_7113

We helped with that then grabbed Watson and took him to my dad's house.  After hanging out there for a couple hours we went to my cousin Dustin's house where my dad's family was gathered.  We not only celebrated Christmas, but my great-grandma Jennie's 94th birthday.

IMG_7119

My dad and me

IMG_7123

Dad and Great Grandma

IMG_7150

Our plans to travel to Pennsylvania to visit Kent and Hope fell through.  This was very sad, but a very agreeable alternative awaited us in Chicagoland.  We spent New Year's with the whole of Kyle's mom's side of the family and celebrated Christmas, New Year's, and Aunt Stacy and Uncle Toby's going away to Italy where they will be stationed for the next three years.  It was a grand old time except that Watson was bad, Mama Bass was very sick, and Kent and Hope were absent.

Kyle and his phone

IMG_7237

Cousin Scott napping with Sassy

IMG_7278

Having Christmas with Nancy in the hallway outside her room because she didn't want to expose us to her germs

IMG_7232

Aunt Denise and Uncle Mark

IMG_7205

Cousin Max accidentally gave Aunt Laura a fat lip.
IMG_7215

Toby, Moury, Mark T., and Mark B.
IMG_7231

Aunt Denise's pretty house

IMG_7241

IMG_7234

IMG_7249

IMG_7274

Hope you had a fantastic holiday season and that the new year is treating you well so far!

No comments: